Wooster’s newest (oldest!) dance program is here! Established under a new name in May 2015, Ballet Wooster strives to maintain its heritage of outstanding ballet and dance instruction in the Wooster and surrounding communities. Our directors and instructors bring to the classroom over 65 collective years of professional experience as successful directors, teachers, performers, choreographers, mentors, and dance educators. Having established a successful ballet school in 1983, our dance program has grown by leaps and bounds. Since 1990, we have choreographed, staged, and produced 12 narrative ballets including 13 Nutcracker productions, as well as many contemporary and classical pieces. Each instructor is committed to providing her students with proper technical training and individual attention in a healthy and positive environment, as well as sharing the pure joy of dance!
In April 2016, Ballet Wooster presented its inaugural full-length production, Cinderella, under its new name of Ballet Wooster. In the fall of 2016, a collaboration with Neos Dance Theatre gave Ballet Wooster dancers a unique opportunity to perform alongside professional dancers in Neos’ original production of A 1940s Nutcracker, a twist from the original tale set in the WWII era. Ballet Wooster premiered The Enchanted Toy Shop and other dances in April 2017, and continues to produce quality performances annually.
Ballet Wooster’s primary purpose is to provide students and community members with educational and performance opportunities in dance and the performing arts in a safe and encouraging environment. We desire to promote and inspire our community to be more involved in the arts through non-competitive dance education and quality performances that develop an appreciation of dance and the performing arts.
Ballet Wooster At A Glance:
• Established under a new name in May 2015.
• Registered 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
• Community driven, powered by volunteers.
• Successful ballet school since 1983.
• Dance class offerings for ages 3 through Adult.
• Experienced teachers.
• Committed to proper technical training and individual attention in a healthy and positive environment.
• Non-competitive dance education and quality performances.
• Since 1990, our directors and choreographers have staged and produced 12 narrative ballets including 13 Nutcracker productions, as well as many contemporary and classical pieces.
• Alumni consists of dance, creative, and business professionals around the country.